Monday, June 27, 2022

June.27

 We had an absolutely wonderful weekend. Sometimes in the early morning when I sit here on my recliner and the sun is shining and the weather is warm, and i'm energized and excited about life, I can't help but sti and think about how immensely grateful I am for the life I have. I don't mean to make it sound like everything is easy peasy all the time, but truly, i'm grateful.

On Friday night we actually listed out house on Airbnb and we had a guest come. They stayed for one night, and since they were here, we went and camped out at our property We went to the ward BBQ Friday night and then we went and set up the tent and everything and we had a great time. We all slept pretty good I think and in the morning we all just hung out and laughed and talked and and enjoyed the warm morning. I finished weed eating the ditches out, and Thomas and the boys worked on digging out some big thistles from the field. 

We came home around noon and did some laundry for sheets and towels and got all the camping stuff put away, then we went back to the property and finished the work we had started earlier. Saturday night we got pizza and watched a movie.

Yesterday, I was called into the Primary Presidency. 1st counsellor. I'm excited about it. Should be good. Jennifer  Butikofer is the President and Lindsi Shippin is the 2nd counsellor and then Cathy Johnson is the secretary. I lvoe each of those ladies a lot, so i'm excited about working with them. Our Primary is so so small though. Literally there were 12 kids total yesterday. It's sooo small. But i'm happy to serve. I haven't had a calling for a couple of months. 

We had Ez and Linds and the fam over yesterday. We had cafe rio sweet pork burritos and everyone loved them. It was super yummy. After that we watered the raspberries and willows out at the property and then we stopped by the Hodges and visited for a bit and did a fire. 

Last night I went and chatted with Kasen just to say goodnight. He decided to sleep in the living room because Elise had a full diaper and got his sheets wet.

Kasen just ending up talking and talking and talking. We talked for about an hour. I love him so much. He is just the best. He really opened up about just friends and teachers and passing the sacrament and struggles. He told me he just feels mad all the time and he also feels like his health is really bad. His stomach hurts with so many things that he eats and I feel bad i've been ignoring it for this long. It's amazing how my kids truly just talk and talk away if they know someone is just going to sit and listen. It was another lesson for me, to just listen. to hear them. to see them. to give them permission to truly talk about life from their perspective. the things they notice. the things they feel. the way they see things. I'm grateful I stayed and just listened to him for the length of time he needed. Yes, I was tired. Yes, I wanted to go to bed, but as long as he wanted to talk. I was going to listen. I also felt prompted to remind him that he (and layton and leah) are my #1 priority. If there is something he needs or if he just needs me to step away and talk or be with him, that is what I will do. 

Lately, I've also had this prompting. Actual it's like an instant blurting that just comes out lately, but throughout the day i'll just have this "pause" feeling and I say to myself, "I'm such a great Mom". I don't think this is to gloat or brag or something, but it's something that I don't always feel or believe about myself, but now, just owning it and stating it has helped me feel and act like a better Mom.

No comments: