Tuesday, June 28, 2022

June.28

We enjoyed at day at Rexburg Rapids yesterday! In the morning I did my morning routine, which I have been absolutely loving lately. I work out, read scriptures, write on the blog, make the bed, tidy up the kitchen, respond to some clients and then shower/get ready for the day.

Leah brought her friend Kaya Jackson to Rexburg Rapids, and the boys brough Zack Hodges. It was the weirdest thing because they all just went with their friends for the whole day and roamed around and swam on their own and I mostly sat on the sidelines. WEIRD to not be there to catch kids or need to hold them, or need to constantly monitor them.

Every day i'm reminded of the new season of things and how quickly it all goes. I feel like the boys should be going to Kindergarten not Middle School this fall. I need to work on being more consistent in their spiritual journeys by doing Come Follow Me more consistently. 

We really enjoyed the water park though and spent about 4 hours there. When we got home Thomas brought pizza home for dinner, I had a cafe rio sweet pork salad (home made) and then Thomas went to water the plants at the property, and the boys went back to the Hodges. Kaya stayed till 8:00 and then Erica came to pick her up. She stayed for a couple of hours and visited and we just hung out in the front yard soaking up the summer night and enjoying visiting. 

Again, so grateful for the amazing weather. Layton didn't put sun screen on very well though and got pretty burnt on his shoulders. Crazy kid. Life is good. We are enjoying these precious days. 

This week we are learning and reading about Elijah. Today I read about how Jezebel killed all the prophets and priests. Then there were like 400 "priests of baalam". Elijah pretty much put them to a dual and said do all these things and call up on your God, then I will call upon my God and we will see what happens. Of course there was no response from their fake God, but then Elijah called upon the Lord and it worked. I already don't even remember what he did, something about a Bullock and fire. The Old Testament is so confusing to me, but i'm trying to make baby steps to being better.

No comments: