Friday, December 18, 2020

Dec.18- End of Year Reflections

 I always forget about this blog I started all those years ago. I wish I was better at keeping record of all the daily things of what our life looks like right now. The days are long, but the years are short and I can already tell I don't remember much of anything.

So let's just talk about today to start and then maybe I can update or back track.

It was friday today. Which means, (in the year 2020) it was a virtual learning day for the kiddos. We woke up, did breakfast, chores and cleaning. Then literally the rest of the entire day was pretty much just me bouncing from kid to kid to kid to working from home. It was a busy day with property management (as per usual), but we were able to get a lot done. The boys did minimal complaining and their wasn't any huge fights about it so that was a blessing. There seemed to be less work than normal so I think that was encouraging for them too.

Leah didn't go to school on Tuesday because Bria came over for the day while Ezra and Lindsey went to Logan. They dropped Bria off at 7:30 am so I watched her for the day, but ended up keeping Leah home so they could play and hang out together. Then on Thursday, Leah was pretty stuffy, so we kept her home again, and then virtual learning day on Friday. So she had 3 days of work to catch up on. She did pretty okay, but obviously as a 5 year old doesn't have a huge attention span. So i bounced back and forth from the kitchen table with her, to the office to do work stuff.

I'm feeling pretty good about my property management job lately. I'm pretty confident in it all, and like feeling in control and like i know all the ins and outs. I love having Erica to work with too. She is my neighbor and we hired her in September. She is doing a fabulous job. She's detail oriented and organized and doing so well. 

I had an amazing job offer this week to work for Chandler Smith (kind of a big deal- millionaire guy. He is owns about 80% of our properties. It was a super stressful few days trying to decide if I was going to do it or not. I felt so bi-poloar because I accepted the job and then that night basically turned it down. I was sooo stressed out about it. I couldn't eat and it just ate at me alllll day long. It was so hard, but I just decided at the end of the day adding another job was going to take more time away from the kids and Thomas and really take away from my mental availability if that makes sense. 

We've gotten a lot of snow this week. Which is okay, because we really had a beautiful and warm fall and we didn't have any snow before this. I can't believe it's only a week away from Christmas. I'm sitting here all cozy in my blanket and robe by the Christmas tree. Everyone is asleep but i just felt prompted to come and write some stuff about life.

It's been a great year. It's been weird and different but great none the less. We went through the March/April insanity of quarantine and fear and toilet paper shortages. Through the summer, if i'm being honest it felt pretty normal. We travelled, spent time with family, had a lot of lake days and camping trips. I absolutely love the summer in Idaho. Unfortunately, it seems like everyone else does too, because all our favorites spots are attracting more and more people every year. It's kind sad.

The housing market is crazy. Our house is worth double of what we paid for it 5 years ago, but I think we have decided to keep it so we can have it as a long term rental. 

We are all ready for Christmas. All the gifts are wrapped and I can't think of any loose ends that we have so it's great.  We are all healthy and happy so far.

Leah lost her first tooth 12-12-2020 and she is absolutely adorable. We are so blessed with our 3 amazing kiddos.

Kasen keeps getting funnier and funnier. He has such a cute and reserved personality, but he's so funny. He's independent but doesn't like attention on himself. He gets nervous about things, but is also so confident in his knowledge of animals etc. I think his love language is definitely words of affirmation. If Daddy praises him for something, he just beams and works on getting better and better at that thing. I love that boy and that he still loves and wants to hang out with his mom and dad. He can talk about animals all day long. He can be so sweet, even when he is constantly teasing and provoking Leah. He has really taken an interest in Art lately and is really great at it. 

Layton is so aware of how everyone is doing and how they are feeling. He always tries to comfort me when I seem sad or overwhelmed. He is smart and fun and is doing so fantastic in school with all A's. He is going to be playing basketball next month and he is excited about that. He is such a good boy, always studying the Book of Mormon and trying to do what is right. He actually just finished the Book of Mormon for the first time last week. He loves creating stop motion videos and being creative in that way. He is also really loving the piano and is practicing all the time. I need to be better at spending more time with him doing some lessons and things like that.

Leah is our social butterfly. She is confident and sweet. Spoiled and amazing. She is still little enough to have that previous zest for life, quick forgiveness and sweetness. She still needs her mama and actually has some separation anxiety stuff going on where she cries at school because she misses me. We are working on her being brave and I think I will start to visit her more frequently to help her in reading and things like that. She is actually struggling a bit with reading and sight words and letter recognition. I've been trying to work with her more so she can get more confident with it. I love her sweet giggles and her smile with that missing tooth is just the cutest.

I don't know what I did to be so blessed with any amazing family. The kids mean everything to me and Thomas is so good to me. I'm so grateful for him and how we are such a great team. He always treats me well and is such a great Dad. he's just the best. I'm also grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ and his Atonement.

No comments: