Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Feb.25 2020

Things are going well. Life is so good to us. We work hard, we love one another, we play, we grow, we learn, we try, we fail, we succeed and we trust.

Every day, for me, starts with gratitude for the many things we have been given. However, at the end of the day I often feel pretty stressed and lacking in progress. But here I am, once again, in the early morning ready to start my day with a positive attitude and to do my best today.

This morning I was up at 4:45. I was supposed to have 2 classes, but both of them were trial classes and neither of them showed up! It is okay though because I was able to get a ton of work done for the Usborne Books & More read a thon that I am heading up again this year. I was able to create the tracker sheet, the parent launch letter, the special incentives paper, order envelopes and send an email to the principal all during my "class" time. What a blessing.

Things with property management have been going fairly well. There are some stressors right now with dealing with some 1099's that I am having a hard time understanding and figuring out I am learning though and also realizing I need help and am willing to ask for it.

Kasen and Layton are such great little boys. I am so proud of the young men they are becoming and I am excited to see them learn and grow and create healthy habits. We are really working on some thought work and behavioral issues to help them make good choices.

They are knee deep in science fair projects  right now they are busy trying to create the best project that they can. Kasen is doing a "sturdy" bridge project which is him building a bridge out of popsicle sticks and then seeing how much weight it can hold by adding bricks on top of it.

Layton is doing an electric lemon battery project to create light through wires and lemons. I love watching them work hard and create something from their own ideas and watch their strengths.

Leah is sweet as ever, and I can't believe that my baby girl is growing up so much. She is loving gymnastics, and any type of dance or cheer etc. I  can't wait for spring when we can be outside and enjoying the outdoors more.

We are working on cutting back on screen time with the TV and ipad.

All of the kids are becoming interested in the piano. Layton especially loves to have lessons from me and is really progressing so well with it. They are all such good kids and i'm grateful to be their Mom, through the thick, the thin, the struggles, the joys and everything in between.

I'm grateful for my Savior, for the gospel in my life, so I can have a "guidebook" to know how I can be the best person I can be.

No comments: