Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Snowy Days

After teaching classes in the morning it's nice to have alone time to work on things. I often do just that- work. I'm a bit of a work-a-holic. I can't believe how big the kids are getting. Leah will start kindergarten this fall and that will leave me with lots of days of alone time being able to work, an I fear that i'm going to miss the days withe her home with me.

It's funny how we dream for the future and also miss the past all at once. I try and realize the blessings as they come and the things that we enjoy in the moment. Leah still sits on me, snuggles me, and needs me and I love that she still needs me.

I have been trying to put our families spiritual goals at the top of our priorities this month. I am in a season of being very busy and having my head in a million places, but our evenings are sometimes at home together. It's my favorite place to be.

Thomas has started going to the gym and i'm so proud of him! I hope he sticks with it because it is something that he enjoys and helps him feel good and energized. Last night he was so great. My calling right now in the ward is Compassionate service leader. I had forgot to message someone about the day to take the meal and so this new momma with a NICU baby in the hospital didn't have a meal coming. I had to teach in like ten minutes and he had just walked in the door. But i asked him if he would take them a pizza and he did. Happily and willingly! Love that guy and all he does for me and our kiddos.

Yesterday was a snow day and school was cancelled due to the snow, cold and wind. The kids enjoyed playing the ipad and doing lots of UBAM activity books. They also got invited to play at the Fackrells for a couple hours. So that was super nice.

No comments: