Monday, May 9, 2016

Scriptures and Prayer

Today I was tired! Thomas was on call and got called out last night. He got home at 2:30 am then Layton had a nightmare at 4:30 and Leah was up at 6:30 and I didn't get to bed till late anyway. Class was good today.  I definitely like having such a small class. It makes things so much more chill and I don't feel as rushed to get things done. Thomas worked tonight and the kids all went to bed pretty good, which was nice since it was just kind of a long day! We did family night together. I helped Kasen teach the story of the tree of life and Layton gave the first article of faith that he memorized. It was actually so cute because when he woke up from his nightmare I suggested he could say a prayer. So he said a prayer and then he said, "Mom I think it will help my scary dream go away if I say my scripture" I told him I thought it was a great idea... So with faith and tears and all the cuteness of a little 5 year old me he sadly but with hope said "We believe in God the Eternal Father and in His son Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost". It was one of those moments when I thought my heart could burst from being so proud of my little boy. Sure love my family.

No comments: