Tuesday, January 27, 2015

It's Easy

Grandpa Nelson came for a visit and dinner yesterday. We had Chicken Alfredo  for dinner and peach cobbler for dessert.... mmmmmmm...... and we did FHE. The boys sang songs for us and did tricks, and we just read a few vs of scriptures and talked about Abinadi. Super easy and simple, but it was just a good night. I can't believe how big the boys are. It's seriously so weird. I love and hate it all in one.

I've been thinking lately about how this is probably the easiest parenting phase that I will ever have for the rest of my life. When they are young it's full of diapers and messes and tantrums and emotions. It's awesome and fun, but looking back it's just kind of chaotic. You can't figure them out. When they get older I will have to deal with their failures, their friends, their choices, their individuality, their independent natures, and decisions about rules, teams, schools, etc. Right now they are easy. Seriously they are so easy. Don't get me wrong their are still moments of frustration. They fight sometimes. They get mad sometimes, but it's nothing like it used to be.

They sleep from 8-8 most every day. They play ALL DAY long. Seriously. While i'm doing homework they will just go play and I won't even see them for over an hour, sometimes two. They understand reasoning and rules. They entertain themselves with trains, coloring, work books and their imaginations. They play house and make forts and they love each other. The feed themselves, are potty trained, and aren't near as emotional. They eat better and try new things. Real life hasn't hit them yet where they will be graded and watched constantly. They are in their own perfect bubble of play and happiness. It's so fun to watch them.

I'm trying to savor this but I also sometimes miss their need for me. However,  I know a little girl that will be demanding a lot of me in just a few months, so it's all good :)


1 comment:

Teija said...

so true!! they are little balls of energy, and get cuter by the day1