Thursday, August 10, 2023

August.10, 2023

 As I come to type this today all I can think about is how incredibly grateful I feel for my life. I am so grateful for our beautiful home. We are finally all moved in. It feels super crazy that we are actually in our new house. Time is such a weird thing. We moved in on August.1 and so it has been ten days, but it feels like we literally just moved in yesterday. The days come and go and we are as busy as ever. But i am finding so much peace in our journey at this time. 

Things I love about the house so far are almost not even countable. I am loving our big bathroom. There is just so much more space. Our big shower is so refreshing and I love it. I love the tile I picked. I love our big bedroom. Our big windows bring in so much sunlight and I absolutely love that. I wake up in the mornings refreshed and ready to start the day. I just feel so much hope and promise. Life is not perfect. Finances are extremely tight and we spend way more on our mortgage then I thought we would . We really just need the dust to settle. We will be just fine, but just having to spend so much money left and right lately has really made it quite stressful.

I love our living room. I got some couches from Big Lots and i just truly love them. They are exactly what I pictured in our living room. I love our huge kitchen. All of the big windows and the light and the sunshine. I love the views. I love our living room rug. I love my oven. I love to cook on the gas stove top. I've really liked the lay out of the house and our new washer and dryer work so well. I love the new sounds. I love all the storage and locker space. I love the smells and the soft white colors and white oak I picked.

I will say if there is one thing i'm not loving, it's our white counter tops...... Man they show everything. Way worse than I thought they would. They look black scuffed in so many areas already. I need to figure out how to clean them. 

I'm excited to continue to make our house feel like our home. To create and make so many memories in the years to come. I'm grateful for Thomas and all of his hard work and efforts. He truly is such an amazing husband and Dad. I don't know what I would do without him.

Now that we are finally getting settled, I've been trying to make the mots of what summer we have left. We have been so insanely busy for so long (working at the house till dark every single day for the last 3 months) that we haven't done a lot of our normal Idaho summer activities. The kids are each getting a night to do a "late night" and have friends over. In fact as I sit and type this, Layton has his friends over and we are at The Station. They are watching a movie in the movie theater room and i'm catching up on some things.

I've been really focusing on my morning routine and creating good habits. I need to refocus on routine and habits and get my Optavia business back.


No comments: