Sunday, January 15, 2023

Jan.15

 It's been a good and hard week for me all in one. I've been dealing with Sciatic nerve pain, but I will say when I've really really needed it to be okay, it has been. It's just been getting worse at night. I am coaching Leah's basketball team and on Friday during practice it was hurting, but doable. I also watched Elise, Cal and Bria Friday and Saturday and all in all I was able to deal.

 The snow and cold and darkness is also really getting to me. I hate admitting that I struggle in these cold dark months, but I just do. I wish I had the time and money to do more activities in the winter because I think that would help, but all in all i'm okay.

Kasen has been doing better. We have really been working with him on an emotional level. I'm convinced his stomach pain for the last 5 months and $14,000 in medical expenses all comes down to some severe anxiety and some other emotional challenges. He is suchhhh an amazing kid. He just needs to see that and find his confidence. We will get there one of these days. He is sitting by me right now doing his homework. He is so so behind on his online schooling and I feel like I'm completely failing him. I feel really bad, that I haven't been on top of things like I should be with his school stuff.

I'm grateful for church. Really I am. Sometimes it seems repetitive and can be redundant, but that is okay. I go to feel the spirit and to feel love and strengthened from others. I also try to be a light and strength for others, even if I don't think that I am, I try.

Today Layton was set apart as the 1st counselor in the Deacons Quorum presidency.

No comments: