Sunday, July 16, 2017

7/16/17

The other day I was looking through some old pictures and I realized that there are so many thing I don't want to forget, but I know I am going to. Here's to trying to record life again.

Today was a good Sunday. The kids were fairly obedient before church, and church was good. I was just released from my calling in Nursery and I am now serving as a Laurels advisor (16-18 year old young women) and ward missionary. Thomas is the ward mission leader now. It's been a fun change, and it's been nice to remember how much I can learn and be refreshed when i'm not in nursery. I did love being in Nursery for some things though. Those kids were cute! 

After church and lunch Leah took a nap and so did I. It was awesome. We then chatted as a family, had dinner and then had some friends over for dessert.  We invited the Griffins for dinner. Heather was a childhood friend of Thomas' and they recently moved to Rexburg to finish school. It was fun to get to know them and their family better.

Yesterday was Aunt Becky's funeral. I was planning on going for most of the week and then for whatever reason I just felt like I needed to stay home. I feel sad to have missed it, but proud of myself for following the prompting. I hope Aunt Becky knows how much I love her, even though I didn't go. Dad stayed at our house Thursday night and then Ezra met up here and they left for the funeral on Friday morning early. Lindsey and the kids stayed at her moms house in Ucon. On Friday we went to the splash park in Rexburg then on Saturday I watched the kiddos while Lindsey went and got her hair done. We then hung out and the kids basically colored or played on the trampoline and with the sprinkler all day long. Our kids get along really well and I got some Bria snuggles in. 

We are absolutely loving summer. Lindz and the kids left around 4 (I think?) and Thomas brought pizza home for dinner and we headed to the lake to play at 7. Then I worked 9-11 :)

We are so grateful for the many blessing that we have. For our home and our family and the gospel. 

No comments: