Sunday, February 21, 2016

Leah is 9 Months Old

Leah Mae! Your nine months old my dear! This can't be happening, but it is, so I might as well embrace it. Every month I keep thinking I can't love you anymore, or that you can't get any cuter. Again, it keeps happening and it shocks me!

You are the most amazing little girl and we still dote on you and think every little sound you make is the cutest thing our ears have ever heard.

You have discovered the dishwasher and make a crawl-for-it every time I open it. Even if it's just for a second.  You pull out the silverware, push the bottom rack back and forth, and climb up on the dishwasher door and investigate the whole thing. Same story with the fridge. You love to sprint crawl for the fridge when I open it!

You love your brothers and your Daddy tremendously, but you definitely have a special place for your momma. You are a momma's girl and I love it!

You are always so happy and smiley, but aren't a huge "laugh out loud" kinda girl. You grunt and squeel and do little giggles, but as for huge belly laughs.... i don't know if i've heard one yet! I just love your sweetness.

You have captured the hearts of a few of the older couples in our ward. One old brother has definitely taken to you and calls you Miss Leah and always asks how you are and loves the distraction you constantly give. We often sit in front of them and he just makes faces at you the whole time. It's the cutest thing!

You don't have any teeth yet, but your bottom gums are pretty swollen which makes me think they are on their way! You love to walk while I hold your hands.

You LOVE the tub. You HATE baby food. In fact we have long since given up on that. You have been eating whatever we are eating from the get go. I guess we will just have to give away the five boxes of baby cereal we have. Your favorite foods are saltine crackers, oranges, cereal and bread. We just got you a sippy cup last week and you love sucking on that, but haven't quite figured out how to do it with the stopper in. It's a work in progress.

You have one blanket that has become your favorite. I think you are going to be just like your brothers and always want your blanket..... i'm not sure how I feel about that! BUT i make it a point to always leave it in your crib after naps so you don't get into the habit of carrying it with you everywhere.

You love to smack people in the face and claw at everything- ouchie! haha You are pulling yourself up on the couches, and chairs and everything! You even climbed the entire flight of stairs the other day, with me right behind you of course. I can't believe how fast you are growing and learning. You seem so smart and on top of everything you do.

You gave me a run for my money a few weeks ago when you started waking up every 2-3 hours ALL NIGHT long... eventually last week I decided to let you cry it out a couple times. It was SOO hard to listen to you crying but I knew it would benefit both of us in the long run. I couldn't function like that forever and you needed your rest too! After just a couple nights of that, you are back to your normal schedule and just wake up to eat once around 4 or 5. Thank heavens!

We love you little girlie! So so so so much! We don't know what we did to deserve you, but are so grateful for you and the light you bring out in all of us! Love you!!!!















1 comment: