Sunday, December 20, 2015

A little Catch Up

This last month has been one of the busiest and most stressful- hence the lack of blogging. I wish I didn't go in spurts with blogging. I wish it was an everyday easy thing to do, but it is what it is and I try. :)

We officially are home owners and all moved in. We LOVE our home. Seriously, I wondered if after moving in if I wouldn't like it as much as I thought I would. BUT it has exceeded all expectations and I just love everything about it. I can't believe it's ours. The kitchen is amazing. The bedrooms are spacious. There is tons of storage. An entire big play room for the kids. A back yard... (which will get a little more use in the spring, but they still love). Oh and in our yard we have an apple, apricot and plum tree.So cool. And we have a garden area. So excited about that.

Over thanksgiving weekend I went to Montana with Ezra, Aaron and Janae (and leah). We all drove in Aaron's car together to go to my Uncle Robert's funeral. I am so so glad  I got to go. Every single one of my siblings came and my parents and we got to all stay in this really nice home all together (the owners were out of town). It was huge and gorgeous. It was a very special thing to go to the funeral. I didn't know uncle Robert all that terribly well, but still he is family. I loved seeing Aunt Becky and talking with her and trying to give her some sort of comfort. Having lost a baby, I feel like I can express compassion and relate so much better with those who are experiencing a loss. My poor aunt Becky is one of the most stalwart and kind people I know. She has had a really hard life. She lost a baby when he was only a year old, now her husband, and her son is dying of cancer, he probably only has a few more days to live. So she is going to lose her husband and son within a month of each other. She is also a breast cancer survivor. Through all of her trials she remains faithful to the gospel and has a strong belief in our Savior and Heavenly Father.

The first couple of weeks were filled with teaching, working, packing, taking care of the kids and starting my own little business by being a consultant for Usborne books. I really really love their books and have had fun so far doing it. Right now I am hosting a book drive for the Huntsman Cancer Institute in SLC in honor of my cousin bobby who is suffering from cancer. It's something I think could be a great, but sometimes our highest hopes aren't what happens in reality. But that's okay. :)

The boys are getting clever as ever and really growing up. Leah has starting sitting on her own and crawling within the last month. So many changes. This morning I had this conversation with Layton.
Me: Layton let's cut your hair buddy.
Layton: OKAY!!!
Me: Actually it's sunday, let's cut it tomorrow. Is that a better idea?
Layton: okay yup!.....(pauses)... WAIT NO!! I don't want to have any crushes in primary today!
Me: What? You think if you leave your hair longer girls will have crushes on you?
Layton: uh ya! They always have crushes on me when my hair is like this. We need to cut it before primary.

That kid always makes me laugh!!


No comments: