Wednesday, June 17, 2015

A Normal Day

So often I feel like I don't have anything to write, but i've got to be better at remembering that one day I will wish that I recorded the mundane every day things. I am hopefully going to try and be better at just writing a little something, even if it's nothing that seems significant.... with that said....

Today was a very normal-ish day. Thomas didn't have to work until tonight so he took the boys for a hike this morning. Luckily Leah napped while they were gone and I was able to get the house cleaned up from last night. Last night we had some old college friends Jenny, Mike and Amy over for tacos and some reminiscing. We sure love those guys and it was good to see them. Anyway I cleaned the house.  The boys came back and we had lunch, and Thomas took the boys out to play on the slip n slide, while I fed Leah and cleaned up lunch. Then the rest of the afternoon was spent feeding Leah, trying to get Leah to sleep, yelling at the boys for waking up Leah, feeding Leah again and again and again and again. I'm not sure what was up with her today, but she had a really hard day. She cat napped for 5-10 min all day and evening and ate at least every hour. Talk about an exhausting day. Finally at 8:30 she fell asleep and she's been asleep for an hour now. I hope she will sleep well tonight since she didn't sleep for what seemed like all day.

The boys had top ramen, Thomas had left over Tacos and I had an egg burrito for dinner before he left for work at 6. I spent the rest of the night trying to feed Leah and get her to sleep. Now I sit here waiting for Thomas to come home (which was supposed to be 45 minutes ago), paying bills, budgeting, menu planning (not going so well), and blogging.

The boys have been begging me to let them have some friends over to play on the slip n slide, so I invited some friends to come over tomorrow. Should be fun for them. I feel bad not spending near as much time as I used to with them, so i'm glad I could throw together this little "party" as they keep calling it for them.

No comments: