Friday, October 3, 2014

The Innocence of a Child

Even though the boys never met or saw their baby brother I feel like they know him. The other night about 20 minutes after I put the boys to bed, we heard the door creek open. Usually, we yell for whoever it is to get back in their bed. But tonight we didn't say anything. Kasen peaked his little head through the door and with all the innocence of a little 4 year old he asked, "Mom, when is baby Thomas going to come?"

In that moment when I heard footsteps heading to my door and then the door creek open I felt impressed to wait and see what was needed.

I love the scripture in Doctrine and Covenants 100:6 that says "For it shall be given you in the very hour, yea, in the very moment what ye shall say."

Sometimes in the very moment of a decision something tells you to say or do something specific.

We were able to talk about baby Thomas and that he was in the Celestial Kingdom and that that is why we have to be good, so that we can see him again. We taught him again that he lives with Heavenly Father and Jesus and that he is happy and that we will see him again.

I'm grateful for the little moments we are given to teach our children.

No comments: