Monday, August 20, 2012

Day 73- Project and Boys Room

Remember this old dresser that we got for free and I posted about forever ago?... well I finally finished it! I didn't take much pictures during the process, but this is a couple before and after.....



 I had SO much fun doing this. Sanding it all down-thanks to our neighbor who let us borrow his sander and provided the paper too!- It was just a project that I did from start to finish, and i'm pretty proud of myself. It is far from perfect. There are lots of dents from scraping and pulling off some old wood and paint. I should have sanded it smoother, but didn't want to pay for sand paper, so it's a little rough, but you know what I LOVE IT. I was going to paint the knobs, but decided I kind of like the contrast against the dark paint. All in all I think it turned out good, and it matches the boys toy box and shelf... Maybe some day i'll take pictures of those too.....
                                                                 
 Our friends Jenny and Mike from Rexburg (remember them?) gave this picture frame with hand prints to the boys. Well I think Jenny made it for me from the boys for Valentines day.... (that's right... right Jenny?) anyway it matches the curtains perfectly..... :) The pictures of the boys were taken by their nursery leader, she gave them to me for Mother's Day "from the boys". Love it :)


Ok I just went and took pictures of the shelf and toy box.....


 You can't really tell but the stickers spell "Kasen and Layton" yes a little tacky... haha they are even from the dollar store, and they are off centered but oh well.... i'll fix it soon.
 The good ol toy box. It's great. I LOVE toy boxes. You can just throw all the toys in their, makes cleaning up in a hurry really nice. Most excellent.

Well since i'm taking pictures, might as well take some more of their room right? Their top shelf is so empty now that I put their pants and pajamas in the dresser. Maybe i'll fill it with all the teddy bears they have, that are in the storage closet??




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so cute kayla good job! love there room it is so cute!

Rachel said...

I wish I could find a good dresser for free! Projects like that are always so much fun, way to go! Looks great!

Marissa said...

Nicely done! Way to go, girl!