Saturday, August 11, 2012

Day 68- Which country?

Just a random story/thought that I don't really ever want to forget. Tonight after dinner we took the boys for a little walk down to campus. There was NO ONE there. We had the whole place to ourselves. It was SO fun, playing hide and seek with the boys behind the bushes and trees. The boys express themselves so differently. Layton laughs OUT LOUD so contagiously. Oh my heck... his laugh... if you haven't heard it, your missing out. Kasen on the other hand just smiles more and giggles. Anyway on with the story.... we were walking home and in the field right by our place there was a soccer game going on... and. I had a little bit of confusion as to what country I was living in. haha. They were ALL hispanic. Every single player, and every single fan.... then there was our little white family of four; I felt like an out cast. We stuck out like a sore thumb. It was just really funny to me, when we walked by, everyone took a glance at us, probably wondering why there were white people there. Our good friends/neighbors were there watching the game and the Dad was coaching the team. Anyway we talked to them for a bit, and it was seriously making me giggle inside, watching all those Mexicans watch us. There are a lot of Hispanics here, but they are great! Such nice people and we wouldn't have it any other way. :)

No comments: