Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Thanksgiving Craft

I made a Craft!!!! Anybody who knows me, knows that I am not a super crafty person. I have never really been into them and honestly just compared myself to everyone else and assumed I just wouldn't be good. Isn't it funny how we do that to ourselves? We seem to always assume we're not good at some things and that prevents us from even trying. I guess I should speak for myself, so I guess I am... but ya...low and behold I really CAN make a craft! Who woulda thought. Through highschool I think I was perceived as more of a jock. All I did was play sports year round. However, now that I have a home, a husband and two little boys I have been really interested in cooking and crafting and that type of stuff. Sounds kind of molly mormon mommyish... but it's fun! I now always look for recipes from everyone and from everywhere and I like to try and cook new things, and I am hoping to continue doing some more crafts. Maybe a reindeer or snowman craft for Christmas ? :) Anyway here is the turkey I made for the Thanksgiving season. The craft didn't call for the bangs lol but i thought he looked kinda bald so I jokingly said... "I should give hime side bangs".. so I cute a little piece of the feather we had and put them on. I thought it looked totally awesome!! haha...!



















2 comments:

Ranae Broadhead said...

our next craft!! http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_mkCOcf0FOTk/TOHRfV_Q60I/AAAAAAAAAuA/0zpU9dpA5Wk/s1600/DECEMBER+CRAFTS+002.JPG

Teija said...

nice job Kayla! So cute!