Thursday, May 18, 2023

May.18th

 It's been a beautiful and warm week. The trees and the grass is so green. The fields are growing. The mornings are chilly, but not freezing. The evenings are staying lighter longer and it's so life giving. 

The kids are all doing well. Layton had several English projects that he has worked on, completed and presented at school. He did all of these mini projects about the book "Wonder" and did a great job. He worked really hard on them and had some late nights. His dedication and work ethic is so so admirable, especially for a kid his age.

Kasen is doing so great. It's sooo amazing to every day see him really back to himself. This last fall was the worst few months for us. I don't think i've wrote about it much, but the pain and doctors and appointments was completely full of heartache and lots of stress and troubles. To see my little boy go from crying in his bed and yelling in pain all day to going to school, hanging with friends, and being a happy 12yo little boy is not something that I take lightly. I just love our kiddos.

Leah is staying up way too late. We just have so much going on that we never get the kids to bed earlier than 10:00 lately. I can't quite put my finger on why we keep doing thsi but really we are just occupied with so much going on I don't prioritize wrapping things up and winding things done till it's way too late. Also the nights are just getting longer and warmer and it doesn't quite feel like bed time.

The concrete for the back patio and the garage apron and the side walk were all poured at the new house. The well is supposed to be dug this week. The trim is coming along and almost done around the windows and frames. We went out last night and worked on putting puddy on all those trim areas. 

We will caulk and start painting this weekend, if not today. I'm really nervous about painting myself, but the garage will be my starting point and will be good practice for me. It's an absolutely insane time right now, but for some reason taking a few minutes to write seems like the right thing to do right now too. 

No comments: