Monday, July 21, 2014

Heartache and Struggles

The last few days have reminded me of the heartaches that life brings and how precious life is.

On Monday morning I heard some terrible news that two brothers were killed in a plane crash on Sunday. I didn't know the two boys but I know a lot of their family, and somewhat know their mother. While I am not close with this immediate family my heart breaks for them and they have been on my mind constantly since I found out. I lost my baby, but I can only imagine the pain of losing two kids after years of memories and experiences together. My heart aches for their poor mother, father and remaining brother and sister. I wish this type of heart ache didn't have to happen.

My cousin's little boy got into some of her prescription medication and was hospitalized and suffered through many seizures as his body tried to get the medication through his system. I can't imagine how scary that must have been and heart breaking to see my little one suffer in that way.

I don't know if it's supposed to be public knowledge or not, but someone close to me found a small growth on his brain. It could be nothing, but it still scares me. Their family has already been through too much. I keep thinking they will be immune to more trials for a while since they've been through their fair share already, then something else comes up.

My nephew has a hernia and they are waiting for surgery.

Another nephew (2 years old) broke his leg about a month ago.

While not all of these things are life threatening it just seems like lot's of life's unexpected struggles come their way in all different ways.

I am grateful for my life, my beautiful family, our home, and Thomas' job. I am grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and for the knowledge I have and the strength it brings to me through trying times.




No comments: